Oct 19, 2018
In today’s special, Friends Talk Finance episode, Bonnie and
Carrie chat about their recent trip to the Fincon Conference held
in Orlando, Florida. Learn all about why they decided to go, who
they met there, and what their biggest takeaways were. Don’t miss
out as they recommend so many great physician and non-physician
financial bloggers and podcasters that you can follow and learn
from as well. This episode is packed with resources so check out
the notes below for links to everything they discussed.
In this episode, you will learn:
- What is Fincon and who should attend?
- Bonnie and Carrie hung out with a large group of incredible
physicians at the conference and made lots of new friends.
- How they found inspiration from other people at different
stages of FI at the conference.
- Bonnie’s biggest takeaway from the conference is starting to
use Asana for project management of her business and personal
- Carrie’s biggest takeaway would be the need for more guidance,
education and advice on personal finance for everyone.
- Who they were inspired by at the conference outside of the
- Why they feel there is room for everyone in the physician
personal finance space.
Links we discussed in the show:
- Check out Bonnie’s blog for informative financial advice at
Miss Bonnie MD.
- Learn all about Hygge
and how you can use it to create comfort in your life.
- Join our Facebook group, The Hippocratic
Hustlers- open to all women not just physicians
- Also, join a new Facebook group Carrie is running, The Physicians Only
- Ask to join the Women Physicians Personal Finance Group by
WPPF as a friend on Facebook and then you can be added to the
- Learn all about the Fincon
Conference and how you can attend in 2019 in Washington,
- Learn more about a camp all about FI and personal finance
- Take Bonnie’s advice and start organizing your life
Some great resources to check
Special thank you to this week’s show sponsors:
for all of your physician disability and life insurance
needs and Johanna Fox Turner at Fox & Company Wealth
Thank you for listening to the Hippocratic
Hustle! I know that time is your most valuable resource so
I really appreciate you spending some of it with me. If you enjoyed
today’s show, please share it!
If you’d like to help me improve and grow the podcast, send your
suggestions to: Carrie@HippocraticHustle.com
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe
to the podcast, so you won’t miss an episode!